P-day

P-day

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

Hey family!

Well first of all wish a happy birthday to Brooklyn for me! Sounds like you guys had a great week. I am jealous of all the outdoor stuff you guys are doing, but I will make up for it when I get back! I’m glad you got to see the Barkers. I got a letter from Syd, it sounds like she is doing really well; and stoked to go to China.
                             
To answer a few of your questions, I did see President and Sister Mejorado this week. They did interviews throughout the whole mission. They were very nice. Presidente tells you how it is, he got on everyone because the baptisms have been low on the mission. But he also told me that my comp and I are one of the greatest companionships he has seen, and whatever we are doing to keep it up. That was really nice. But he did humble me quite a bit and give me even more motivation to keep working hard. Actually obtain results. He told me he doesn't like when people say they are working hard because that gives them excuses. He told me he doesn't want us to work hard, he wants results. It was direct, but what I needed. He is a really good mission president, with a lot of good advice. I am glad for the chance to work with him.

Also we did have our baptism last week, it was a really good experience and I think that it got one of his Uncles interested in the church. So that’s always good.

Luz will be baptized this Saturday but her daughter Lucy will not. Her daughter didn't go to church again, but she will be baptized within the next few weeks I am sure of it. They are both really excited and content to be part of the church.

This week was also really good. We bettered our numbers again. We have been teaching like crazy. This transfer is going to end this week, I think it’s been the longest and quickest transfer I have ever had. Time is flying. But, I am loving it! We should have quite a few baptisms for August.

Have a wonderful week! Love you
Elder Utley


No comments:

Post a Comment