P-day

P-day

Monday, February 18, 2013

Transfers!!


Hey Family!

Sounds like it’s been an interesting week. This week has been interesting for me also. Sounds like Coop’s team is starting to do really well again, I hope he keeps on working hard, I know he will be really good. Oh I forgot to tell you guys that I got a packet of letters from Brooklyn’s primary class like 2 weeks ago, it was really cool, they all drew me pictures...

So that’s kind of crazy about the ward splitting, but it sounds like a good thing. Did they create a new ward? We didn’t get any news about our mission president, I guess we will find on a little later.

So this week was a little rough in our area, but yesterday turned out to be really good. We still didn’t find Litzi or Pati, but we had another baptismal date with an investigator named Lupita. She was totally ready but in the end her mom didn’t let her do it. I still think she will get baptized but the bummer is that I won’t be there for it... The good part is she always goes with her sister who has to go get her, and her sister didn’t go yesterday but she showed up by herself! And we had two nonmembers show up to church, so they are going to start teaching them. We finally found some new investigators yesterday, it was really good to see because we hadn’t had a lot of good things happen the last two weeks.

The bummer is that yesterday we also had transfers, and I got transferred, so I won’t get to work with them, but I left the area in a good state! But I am really excited to be here in Matehuala. The city is kind of small from what they tell me; it’s in the northern limits of the mission, like an hour and a half from Monterey. I have only been here for like an hour because I have traveled the whole day... it took 3 buses that took about 7 to 8 hours to get here. It’s really far from Léon.
So I am kind of nervous because I got sent here as senior companion. So I will have a little more responsibility. But I am stoked to be here. We have bikes! So that’s pretty sweet. And they tell me we have a baptism this Saturday, I hope it goes through. I will let you all know what I think next week.

It’s funny how the Lord works sometimes; I was finally feeling good with my companion Elder Alvarez, we became pretty good friends, and then I got changed. But if there is one thing I have learned to do here in the mission its trust in the Lord. He knows best and gives us experiences so we can learn and grow. This week I really liked a scripture in Mosiah 24 verses 14 and 15. You should all read it!

I love and miss you all!
Elder Utley

No comments:

Post a Comment