P-day

P-day

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


Hey family!

It was so good to talk to you guys last night. Everyone looks and sounds really great. The kids are growing up fast, they all look older, especially Brooklyn. I was a little shocked how she didn't say anything, is that normal now or was she just shocked? Sounds like you have a good week ahead of you; I hope dad and coop have a fun time at father and sons. You guys should definitely go downstream fishing, that is the very funnest way to do it. 

So good news is that we didn't have to move today, we will probably do it tomorrow. The new companionship will be in training which means they will get here late tomorrow. We will have to pack everything back up which will be pain but we don’t really have to move anything big like furniture or a fridge.

Today we hiked the mountain that is close to Matehuala. It was quite the adventure, it was really, really foggy and we couldn't see and we didn't find the trail so we just kind of bush-wacked it to the top, it was super cool and had some amazing views. The bummer was that at the top we didn't get a view because it was really cloudy, but on the way back down we did. It took nearly the whole day, we kind of got lost and we took a few falls a piece (I actually ripped my pants on a cactus ha ha) but it was fun. It reminded me of home, and it’s something I haven’t had the chance to do in a while.}

So mom asked about the temple, we should be able to go on June 1st. I am super excited. The family that is for sure going is a less active family that we have been working with since I got here and they finally got active again and worthy to go. They are sealed but it’s been a long time since they were active and they have an adopted son who now has 5 years and they are going to get sealed to him. Apart from them well we have 2 other converts that I am hoping will go. And maybe the baptism we have this month, her and her husband will want to go too. But I am super excited, I haven’t been able to take any converts or members to the temple yet in my mission and a lot of missionaries go their whole mission without having the opportunity.

Well I am excited for this transfer, we are finally seeing some progress in the area. Because when I got here it had almost nothing, but over the last few months little by little it’s gotten better. We still have a ton of work to do but I think we could have a lot of success this transfer. And I get along really well with my comp, so it will be fun. 

Well I just want to bear my testimony, I didn't get the chance last night. I know that Christ lives, and loves us. He blesses us and wants the best for us. I have seen it so many times in my life and the lives of others here on the mission. We have tests in the life but if we will trust in the lord he will ALWAYS be there. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and the work that Christ did through him changes people’s lives. I know we have apostles today and that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. I know the Book of Mormon is the truth and we can get closer to God by it  than any other book in the word. We find peace and comfort in the scriptures and got talks to us though them. There is a phrase I really like that I heard a month or so ago that says if you want God to listen, pray. If you want God to answer, read. I know that to be true. I know that we can find joy in this life, and that in fact is our purpose here. In 2 Nephi it says men are that they might have joy. We just need to learn to take the advice of Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, “Come what may and love it!”

I love and miss you all
Elder Utley

(PS that was my 2nd of 4 calls so I am coming right up on a year, and they next time we talk the time to come home will be super soon. Time is flying)

No comments:

Post a Comment