P-day

P-day

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Expect the Miracle, 8/28/12


Hey Family!

How is everyone this week? It sounds like school is going well! Things are good here, this last week we finished up all the grammar that we will learn, so now we just have a few more weeks to perfect it and learn more vocabulary! Other than that things are pretty much the same, kind of boring but I am learning a lot.

We had our first classes with our new teachers yesterday. They will be our teachers for the rest of the time. Their names are Sister Contralles (I think) and Brother Mitchell. They were fine but we are all wishing we still had our old teachers; the last couple of week’s classes have been really fun and something to look forward to. Now they are kind of just another thing we have to get done. I hope we can get to know these teachers fast and make it fun again. The sister is from Monterey México! This is really cool because she knows how Mexicans speak and has experience with the people. The only problem is she is a native speaker and didn’t have to go through the process of learning Spanish as an adult, so a lot of times when we mess up the just looks at us like we are stupid and you feel really dumb.

Last Tuesday we had a devotional and Neil L. Anderson spoke! It was so cool! It was actually on President Monson’s birthday so he kind of focused his talk on President Monson and told us stories about him. His talk was a list of 9 things that President Monson would say if he was here. One interesting thing I learned about President Monson is that he loves to fly-fish! I thought that was really cool, and thought dad would enjoy that. My favorite point that he made was a quote from President Monson, he said “Those who are doing the Lord’s errand are entitled to the Lord’s help." I love that quote and it’s so true. His point was that we are serving the Lord full time, and we should expect the miracle. I believe this applies to anyone serving the Lord at any time. In your callings, expect the miracle. I know that the Lord helps us when we are doing His work! The other amazing part of his talk was his testimony of Jesus Christ. He talked of Christ like he knew Him personally, almost like he sees Him all the time. He knows Christ is his brother and his best friend.

I want to bear my testimony that I know Christ lives; He loves me and cares about me, and everyone on this earth. He is my friend and I can go to Him with anything, and He will help me. He is my Savior and my Redeemer and I love Him.

I love and miss you all!
Elder Utley

1 comment:

  1. Really great letter! I love to hear what the apostles are teaching the missionaries, and hear Elder Utley's perspective. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete