P-day

P-day

Friday, August 17, 2012

John's first letter home


July 26, 2012

Dear Family,

The MTC is great! After I was dropped off we were taken to a building where we were issued our nametags, got our ID cards printed and verified some information. Then our host missionary (the one who took our bags) showed me to my room.  We dropped off my stuff and immediately went to my classroom I met our instructor Hermana Eyring.  (I found out later she is President Eyring’s granddaughter!).  She only speaks Spanish to us. I was actually surprised how much I understood.  She rushed me to a computer where I did some short orientations. It felt like a whirlwind to this point. After the orientation on the computer I went back to the classroom and met my whole district, which consists of 10 Elders, 4 going to Lima Peru East, 3 to Monterey Mexico West and 3 to Leon Mexico. I met my companion, his name is Elder Cluff, and he is from Mesa Arizona.   He is a really nice guy and we get along well, to this point.  We had some meetings and a workshop last night. I will tell you more about that in my e-mail. We had dinner and met zone leaders they are great. Today we started preparing to teach our first “investigator” who is a member but will act as an investigator.  We teach him our first lesson in Spanish tomorrow.  I understand a lot but can’t come up with words so we will see how that goes.  I look forward to our weekly e-mails. I will include more experiences in the upcoming e-mail.  We were told to write you today but other than today we cannot write any except on P-days. My P-day at the MTC will be Tuesdays. I love and miss you guys.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment