P-day

P-day

Friday, August 17, 2012

Letter August 2


August 2, 2012

Dear Family,

Sorry I was not able to answer everything through e-mail.  The time went really fast. I also forgot to bring the letters you sent me to I wasn’t able to respond to any of it, so I am writing this.
We sing all our songs in Spanish, and they gave us a Spanish set of scriptures so it’s good that we did not get them in SLC.

I don’t remember if I told you about my district yet… they are Amazing! Everyone is really cool and just funny. We work together well and have lots of fun.  My companion is great too. He is the nicest guy I have ever met. He never complains about anything and he works hard.

So dad was asking about memorization and thinks like that.  We do not memorize discussions, but we have Preach My Gospel that we study from all the time! It has 5 lessons not discussions and we are just expected to be able to teach the lessons. We do still have a lot to memorize though. Right now we are memorizing D&C 4, the sacrament prayers, baptismal prayers and baptismal challenge, all in Spanish and English. We already memorized our purpose in English and Spanish.

In our classes our teachers have started speaking in English when necessary. There are just some things none of us will understand in Spanish. So that is a nice break occasionally. But they still mostly speak Spanish.
For the bishopric, or whoever needs it, my favorite scripture is Helaman 5:12.
Last thing, dear elder is great!!! Please tell anyone who asks to use that, and it’s free for sending letters to the MTC. It was fun to hear from you guys. Please continue to write and update me.

I love you all!
Elder Utley

No comments:

Post a Comment